f1

Calum McFarlane gives 16 word answer as he addresses Joao Pedro’s future amid Barcelona links

Sky F1

Calum McFarlane gives 16 word answer as he addresses Joao Pedro’s future amid Barcelona links Joao Pedro has been linked with a move to Spanish champions Barcelona, but he seems “happy” according to Calum McFarlane. DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL CHELSEA NEWS APP FOR ALL THE LATEST UPDATES – STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! ON THE APP STORE The Blues signed Pedro last summer from Brighton in a deal worth up to £60m, and he’s had a successful first season at Stamford Bridge.

The Brazil international has scored 20 goals in all competitions, with 15 of those coming in the Premier League, none of which were penalties. Calum McFarlane believes Joao Pedro is happy at Chelsea Pedro has made the number nine position his own this season, and has easily fought off competition from fellow summer signing Liam Delap. Despite his good form, Pedro was surprisingly left out of Brazil’s World Cup squad by former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti.

However, his form hasn’t gone unnoticed, and Barcelona are said to have shown an interest in Pedro, with the Brazilian an alternative target to Julian Alvarez. It’s been reported Pedro will tell Xabi Alonso he wants to leave this summer, but McFarlane has insisted he’s happy at Stamford Bridge. “Joao seems happy,” he said as quoted on X.

com by journalist Kieran Gill. “His performance levels have shown he’s in a good place, physically and mentally. ” Joe Cole believes Pedro is the best striker Chelsea have had since Diego Costa, and losing him would be a huge blow heading into next season.

If you enjoy Chelsea News coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content. In other news… It’s been reported Fernandez could play his final game for Chelsea against Sunderland on Sunday afternoon at the Stadium of Light. More Stories / Latest News Calum McFarlane gives 16 word answer as he addresses Joao Pedro’s future amid Barcelona links 23rd May 2026, 07:45am “Initial talks” – Sky Sports reporter provides major update on the future of Enzo Fernandez 23rd May 2026, 07:15am “Here we go” – Fabrizio Romano confirms first Chelsea signing of the Xabi Alonso era 23rd May 2026, 06:45am It’s believed both Real Madrid and Manchester City have shown interest in the midfielder, who’s been unable to agree an improved deal with Chelsea so far despite talks.