Red Sox’ Trevor Story has surgery on sports hernia; ‘basic prognosis’ is 6-10 weeks out
A week after landing on the injured list with a sports hernia, Red Sox shortstop Trevor Story underwent surgery.
BOSTON — Less than a week after being placed on the injured list due to a sports hernia , Red Sox shortstop Trevor Story has undergone surgery to fix the issue and will be sidelined for a significant period of time. Story underwent a successful sports hernia repair procedure Thursday in Philadelphia, the team announced. The procedure was performed by Dr.
William Meyers at The Vincera Institute. “I won’t put a timeline on it,” interim manager Chad Tracy said Friday. “He’s going to be down for a while.
That’s the easiest way to say it. There’s a range depending on how he responds and reacts to it. ” On Saturday in Atlanta, Story said he was considering the possibility of surgery, which came with a “basic prognosis” of a 6-10 week absence based on similar cases in other athletes.
He flew back to Boston on Sunday and met with Dr. Meyers, a core muscle injury expert, in Philadelphia for a third opinion earlier this week. That appointment led to him going under the knife.
Continue to the original source for the full article.