NASCAR Star Kyle Busch Hospitalized with 'Severe Illness,' Will Miss Races for Treatment
The two-time NASCAR champion, 41, called for medical attention after a race earlier this month
Kyle Busch Credit: Jeff Robinson/Icon Sportswire via Getty NEED TO KNOW NASCAR star Kyle Busch has been hospitalized with an undisclosed illness In a statement, the Busch family said the driver is "undergoing treatment" Earlier this month, Busch called for medical assistance at the end of a race Kyle Busch is currently hospitalized with an undisclosed illness and will miss two upcoming races, his family said in a statement on Thursday, May 21. The two-time NASCAR champion, 41, was scheduled to race in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at the speedway in Concord, N. C.
on Friday, May 22 and on Sunday, May 24 at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. โKyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization,โ the Busch family said in a statement . โHe is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
We ask for understanding and privacy as our family navigates this situation. โ No further information was provided regarding Buschโs condition. Richard Childress Racing announced in a statement that Austin Hill, who drives the No.
21 for RCR in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Series, will be subbed for Busch in the No. 8 Chevrolet for the Cup race. "Kyle Busch's health is our upmost priority and he and his family have the full resources of RCR behind them," RCR said in a statement.