general

Mike Lindell and Proud Boys Leader Seek Trump ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Payouts

Yahoo Sports

Critics have labelled the compensation program a "slush fund" for Trump allies, but officials insist anyone can apply.

Several prominent supporters of President Donald Trump have said they will be applying for compensation through the Department of Justice’s newly launched “Anti-Weaponization” fund. The $1. 8 billion fund was created “in exchange” for Trump and members of his family dropping a $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over the unauthorized disclosure of his tax returns, according to the DOJ.

The funds will be used to pay individuals who are able to prove that they were victims of government “weaponization,” and several have already expressed interest in seeking redress. Mike Lindell , the CEO of MyPillow and a leading advocate of Trump’s claim that the 2020 election was stolen, has said he plans to pursue compensation through the fund, arguing that his company lost $400 million because of perceived government weaponization. Left, CEO of MyPillow Mike Lindell speaks during the Conservative Political Action Conference, 2024, at the National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, on February 24, 2024.

Right, Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio speaks outside the Willard Hotel during a January 6th memorial march marking five years since the attack on January 06, 2026 in Washington, D. C. Enrique Tarrio, the former Proud Boys leader who was sentenced ‌to 22 years for “seditious conspiracy” in relation to the January 6 attack on the U.

S. Capitol—but pardoned by Trump last year—told the Miami New Times that he would “definitely” be applying for compensation, and told Reuters he believes his claim could be worth between $2 million and $5 million. Newsweek has contacted the Justice Department via email outside of regular hours for comment.

Continue to the original source for the full article.