What Florida basketball's Rueben Chinyelu said about his NBA future
Florida basketball's Rueben Chinyelu weighed in on his choice between returning to school and heading to the NBA Draft. Here’s what he said.
Florida basketball’s Rueben Chinyelu has yet to make a decision on whether he will go pro or return to school next season. The reigning National and SEC Defensive Player of the Year declared for the NBA Draft in April, and most recently competed in the combine last week in Chicago. “It just depends on where I’m going to be picked on the draft,” Chinyelu told NCAA digital reporter Andy Katz.
“I had this conversation when I was being interviewed by some of the teams. That’s something I’m going to weigh and ultimately decide if I want to stay in the draft or I want go back to school. ” 🚨 @TheAndyKatz caught up with Rueben Chinyelu at the NBA Draft Combine to talk about his next steps 💪 pic.
twitter. com/fZwknY0BGn — Andy Katz (@SidelinewithAK) May 14, 2026 Chinyelu has predominantly been projected to go in the second round, but in recent CBS mock draft was slotted the No. 25 pick in the first round.
At the combine, Chinyelu measured at 6-foot-9. 25 inches without shoes and 259-pounds. He recorded the long hand length of 10 inches and wingspan of 7-feet-7.